Executing instructions written in this post will void your warranty!
Continue only, if you unsterstand the above statement!
In the previous post, you got yourself an unlock code, now it’s time to use it.
For the unlocking you’ll need:
- A PC
- USB cable
- THIS zip
- Few minutes
If you got everything, let’s get started:
- Extract the downloaded
- You’ll find a file, called
UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi, install that, with it’s default settings.
- Turn off your phone, and connect it to your PC via the cable.
- Turn on your phone by pressing Volume Down and the Power button at the same time until the phone boots the the Bootloader mode.
- If the phone turned on, open a commandline windows in the extracted folder. (Shift + Right Click > Open command window here)
- Type in this:
- If everything’s correct, you should see your phone’s serial number after a few seconds.
If you changed your mind about doing all these things, now is the time to step back. After executing the next command your warranty will be void!
- If you didn’t change your mind, type in
fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXto unlock the bootloader (replace the Xs with the unlock code).
- In the case of success, you should see a red Unlocked text on your phone, instead of a green Locked one.
In the next post, you’ll learn how to root your device. Stay tuned!