In order to modify our phone, via custom made ROMs, use non-stock recoveries, and do fun stuff with it, we need to unlock the bootloader.
To unlock the bootloader, you’ll need a specific code entered.
Fortunately, Huawei made us a nice web-application to get that specific code.
Here’s the link to the page:
Bootloader Code Generator
You should fill the form as below:
- Product Model: in our case, type ALE-L21
- Product Serial number: Settings > About phone > Status (16 character)
- Product IMEI or MEID: Settings > About phone > Status (16 digit)
- Product ID: Type in the dialer: *#*#1357946#*#* (8 digit)
- Verification Code: type in the characters from the image next to it.
If you’ve done everything right, clicking the Submit button will give you the required unlock code.
You should save this code somewhere just in case.
Go to the next post for the unlocking tutorial.